With its stunning landscapes, unique geothermal features, and abundant wildlife, Yellowstone National Park is a must-see destination for any nature lover. This 3-day guide offers a perfect way to experience some of the park's most iconic attractions, from the famous Old Faithful geyser to the colorful Grand Prismatic Spring.
Additionally, the suggested campgrounds and lodging options provide visitors with comfortable and convenient accommodations to enhance their Yellowstone experience. Whether you're a first-time visitor or a seasoned park enthusiast, this 3-day guide is the perfect way to explore the natural beauty and wonder of Yellowstone National Park.
>>> Getting ready for a big adventure? Check out our gear page to make sure you have all the proper necessities while out in the wild.
- Begin your day early and head to Old Faithful, one of the most famous geysers in Yellowstone. Check the schedule for predicted eruption times and plan your visit accordingly.
- After watching Old Faithful erupt, head to the Old Faithful Inn for breakfast. This historic hotel offers a delicious breakfast buffet with a stunning view of the geyser.
- Spend the rest of the morning exploring the Upper Geyser Basin. This area is home to many other geysers, hot springs, and colorful thermal features.
- In the afternoon, drive to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. This stunning canyon features two major waterfalls, the Upper and Lower Falls. There are several lookout points along the North Rim Drive, including Artist Point and Inspiration Point.
- For dinner, head to the Lake Yellowstone Hotel Dining Room. This elegant restaurant offers delicious regional cuisine with a view of Yellowstone Lake.
- Start your day with a visit to the Mammoth Hot Springs. These terraced hot springs are a unique and stunning sight to behold. You can take a boardwalk tour of the area or hike up to the upper terraces.
- Next, head to Lamar Valley for some wildlife watching. This area is known for its abundant wildlife, including bison, elk, wolves, and bears.
- In the afternoon, visit the Norris Geyser Basin. This area is home to several unique thermal features, including Steamboat Geyser, the world's tallest active geyser.
- For dinner, check out the Old Faithful Snow Lodge Dining Room. This restaurant offers a casual and cozy atmosphere with a menu featuring local ingredients.
- Start your day with a visit to the Hayden Valley. This area is another great spot for wildlife viewing, including bison, wolves, and grizzly bears.
- Next, head to the West Thumb Geyser Basin. This area features a unique combination of geothermal features and the beautiful Yellowstone Lake.
- In the afternoon, visit the Grand Prismatic Spring. This colorful thermal feature is one of the most popular sights in Yellowstone. There is a boardwalk trail that offers a stunning view of the spring from above.
- For dinner, head to the Roosevelt Lodge Dining Room. This rustic restaurant offers hearty meals with a western flair.
- Grant Village Campground: located near Yellowstone Lake, this campground offers easy access to several popular attractions. ($31-$38 per night)
- Canyon Campground: located near the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, this campground offers stunning views of the canyon and easy access to hiking trails. ($31-$38 per night)
- Madison Campground: located near the West Entrance, this campground offers easy access to several thermal areas. ($27-$33 per night)
- Old Faithful Inn: located near the Old Faithful Geyser, this historic hotel offers rustic charm and stunning views. ($149-$595 per night)
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel: located near Yellowstone Lake, this elegant hotel offers comfortable rooms and a stunning lakeside setting. ($199-$899 per night)
- Roosevelt Lodge: located near the Lamar Valley, this rustic lodge offers cozy cabins and a western atmosphere. ($125-$445 per night)
This 3-day guide for visiting Yellowstone National Park provides an excellent itinerary for anyone who wants to experience the best that the park has to offer. With carefully selected attractions, campsites, and dining options, visitors can enjoy a well-rounded and unforgettable Yellowstone adventure. From witnessing the park's stunning natural beauty and unique geothermal features to encountering its diverse wildlife, this itinerary provides a comprehensive overview of what makes Yellowstone one of the most iconic national parks in the world.
Whether you're a first-time visitor or a returning fan of the park, this Ultimate 3-day guide is a perfect plan to make the most out of your visit to Yellowstone.
*Please note that these are rough estimates and prices may vary depending on the time of year and availability. Additionally, some campsites and lodges offer different amenities and services, which may impact the price.